My Journey begins... @ SST

Monday, January 4, 2010

Personal Reflection on Bridge Building on 4 Jan


  • Difficulty to work with new people?
  • How did you overcome your worry? Your “shyness”?
  • How did you contribute to the project?
  • Why is it important to participate?
  • What is one important skill you learnt & how can you apply it in class?

At the beginning I was a bit shy as I did not know most of the students. However, after being together for a whole morning, I overcomed my "shyness". How I overcame it? I just mustered up my courage and talk to the other students in the group.

When we were building the bridge, I was not sure what to do as most of the jobs were taken. Somehow, I managed to help. I help to put the "fence" around the bridge and also used the green sticky tape to paste them on the bridge. I also helped to put an ice-cream stick between the two towers. Oh ya! I also helped to paste the "weird" tree. haha! (:

I think it is important to participate in projects as we can communicate more with the other members in the group and we can experience a broader world.

One important skill I learnt is teamwork. However, I think cooperation is more important. When a few people are in a group and are required to do a project, everybody should cooperate. If even only ONE person does not cooperate, the group will not work out as well as another group where every single person is cooperating. Also, if ONE person does not cooperate and gets angry, arguments will occur. If the argument is too big, the project will most likely be uncompleted. How I apply cooperation in class? When a teacher asks me to do something, I will do it without hesitation. I will also listen to other people's opinions during group work. (:

Done by Michelle Dapito

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • How do you feel about working in a team on the bridge building project?
  • What do you think about your interactions with the members in your team?
  • What have you learnt about yourself in the course of the activity and what would you have done differently in future group activities?
  • Did you experience any fear(s), discomfort(s) and apprehension(s) working with this team? Why?
  • How do you overcome them?

I feel okay with it, but when we just started, it was quite weird as I am not used to working with boys. But at the end it was okay. We talk a lot, haha, but when we need to do work, we do them, but with talking, haha. We do jobs separately, and join them at the end(: I learnt that I can actually build a bridge model. I have not tried doing that before. In future group activities, I would be more active and participate more than this time.

When we just started the project, like what I said, I was not comfortable with working with boys, but at the end it was okay anyway. I was also scared at first that we may not finish doing the bridge on time, but surprisingly, we finished it early and the bridge looked really good. How I overcame them? I just told myself that I should just participate actively, and work with the people in my group, no matter if they are male or female. I also mustered up my courage and told myself that the bridge would work, and with the active members of my group, the bridge would work well and we will be able to finish it on time. (:

Done by Michelle Dapito

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home